View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 12:46 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Stacy,

You explained p.e.r.f.e.c.t.l.y
what a root canaled tooth is and how it causes further damage in the tissue and bone that it sits in.........

<<the body DOES NOT retain dead material. If a cell dies, the other cells destroy it. Tissue that is not destroyed (ROOT CANALED TEETH) becomes necrotic and that spreads, killing other tissue. You get the picture. Trying to retain a dead tooth just leads to more problems over time.>>

I am so glad your extraction went well and SO glad to have you here! We can use all the support on this subject that we can get..... thank you so much!!!!!

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by flygirl7 View Post
....you go to an oral surgeon. I mean an MD/DDS who does this stuff all the time. I had a molar removed today that on panoramic looked like it ended in the sinus (super long roots). It had had a root canal and I was having sinus pressure again localized around that tooth, so I felt it wasn't safe to keep any longer.

I was very nervous, but Ginnie and Bryanna talked me into doing the right thing, which was extraction of a dead, rotting tooth in my head, near my brain! I will later get an implant, but this is step one.

I was talking to my neighbor, a nurse, and I"m a pharmacist, and we know that How much time? I don't know, depends on the person and their general health, but why take that risk?

So it's not uncommon to have a tooth root near a sinus, but the person to deal with this is an oral surgeon, not a regular dentist. Then you should have no concerns about the procedure.

Good luck!!
Stacy
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote