View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 01:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile Doing better!

Hi folks - things are looking much better today. Thank you all for your prayers and support! Thursday I did find my card with the other rep's information, so I texted him and he replied that he would be at my appt yesterday. He was, and I have new programs and they are helping! I think I will need further refinement of the programs, but it just got where I couldn't tell for sure what was doing what. So I am scheduled for my six (actually 7) week post op appt with the surgeon mid-February, and the rep will be there for that, and I am to call either of them if I have any problems before that. So things are looking a lot brighter!

The PA at my surgeon's office did say to take it easy, and especially not to twist these next weeks. I'm allowed to drive, but not with the stimulator on. Is that just a (cya) approach by the parent company of our stimulator's? Have any of you found any reason NOT to use your stimulator while driving - any adverse effects that would be sure to impact your ability to drive? I imagine the company that makes our stimulators wouldn't want to do anything that might possibly make them liable if one were to have an accident. That's the same as not driving if you are taking opiate medications (narcotics). Well, if you are on a continuous dose that enables you to live like a normal human being, it's not likely you're going to be able to stop the meds in order to drive. Of course I don't drive if my meds are making me sleepy or incapacitated in any way, but other than that, I do drive while taking the meds. I'm not at a place yet where the stimulation is replacing my pain meds, but I can imagine that once that happens, it will be very hard to do without the stimulation, particularly when driving. Just wondered what you all thought? I am very grateful that my stimulator is starting to help - now just have to get used to when to use what program and wait to start pool therapy in March. I'm looking forward to that! Take care each of you - I hope you have a pain free day! ElizaJane
ElizaJane23 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (01-07-2012)