View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 08:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Barretts esophagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by carebear01 View Post
Went to the gastro in May because I have occasional upper left quad pain in my stomach that goes to my back. I know that this could be related to the MS hug, but I needed to make sure it wasn't anything else. I had a CT scan and an xray..which was negative so I then had an EGD done which showed mod-severe esophagitis. So recently it has just felt like something hasn't been quite right since that exam so I went to a different gastro dr who wanted to run the same test to see what's going on for himself. It turns out that I have Barretts Esophagus with a few suspicious spots that were removed for biopsy. Well, he gave me the photos that he took during the exam and naturally, I have been doing a bit of my own research on the internet! I've been on a few medical university websites and found photos of other exams. What I found was a pic of an area in the espoph just where mine is, and it looked very similar to mine as well. It had arrows pointing to the areas that were suspect. One of the spots that looked like mine had an arrow saying displasia...so I'm really nerveous! I won't get my results till maybe Wednesday! What I don't get is that I have NEVER been bothered with acid reflux. I'm just wondering if this is a MS thing? If anyone has been dx with anything gastro since their Ms dx...please let me know...I can handle this MS thing....but the big C scares me. I see my neuro on Wednesday and am anxious for that appt. Thanks for any responses.
Yes I too have MS and barretts espoph but I have had acid reflex.I just have to get it checked every year. Kathy
kadi1805 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (01-08-2012)