View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 12:57 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Mark,

No ice hockey (thankfully). We're a ski family, but he doesn't race - doesn't want to either. He sees that as a lot of standing around waiting when you could be skiing.

No personality changes. Just persistent lowgrade nausea that doesn't seem to affect his appetite or mood, but is nonetheless there. I think we're lucky that this first one is mild.

Saw the family doctor Friday who recommended no activities, recess, sports, for 2 weeks and then we'll see where we're at. She seemed to think that a ct scan would only confirm what we already suspect - a mild concussion.

She recommended an optometrist's appointment, which we had today, with all appearing to be fine. I guess they make sure that the retina hasn't detached, which is a potential risk with these types of falls.

He seemed a touch better today, so hopefully it's the beginning of symptoms abating. He seems to understand, thanks to Sydney Crosby's plight, just how serious concussions are and that he'll have to take precautions in how he skis to ensure he doesn't suffer another.

I'll update again i due course ...

C
chachi44 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote