View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 03:58 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Welcome to NeuroTalk:

I'd recommend magnesium (not oxide form) to help with increasing circulation to your feet. Some people with circulation problems can also benefit from 400IU natural Vit E.

Do you have any response to anti-inflammatories like aspirin?

The new R-lipoic acid (stabilized form) may be better for you than the old alpha type (which is only 1/2 active and poorly absorbed).
The Doctor's Best brand is the newest and very effective some of us have found.

Have you tried Lidoderm patches? Applied to the tops of the feet where the nerves are before they branch to the toes?
Also along the back of the ankle along the Achilles tendon, where the two main nerves branch down to each foot. 1/2 patch on each foot may help. Lidoderms need a bit of tweeking to see
the hot spot to intercepting the nerves. I don't think the bottoms of the feet work well with these patches.

An injury to the bottom of the feet takes a LONG time to heal.
I had plantar's once and it took almost a year! But it did heal up finally.

Feel free to come to our PN board:
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/forum20.html

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Abbie (01-09-2012), myconniefern (01-10-2012), Rrae (01-08-2012)