View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 06:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default After Chiari Surgery.. Please help!

My boyfriend has Chiari Type 1 Malformation. He already had the surgery for it on November 2nd, 2010. The recovery process has been VERY rough! From punching his doctor when he woke up from surgery bc of anger from coming off of the anesthesia to walking a few hours after surgery (when he wasn't even supposed to be moving bc he was supposed to be sedated) to bleeding at the incision site.. there's been more but it would be too much to even type! But now that he's healing up nicely & not having any pain since his surgery, at the incision site where it is scarring up it is kind of going in a lot.. and by "going in" i mean it feels like someone dug a hole in his head & when he looks up it looks like fat rolls on his head (Which he's very skinny so that wouldn't be the case). I'm just wondering if its because of the removing of the skull?? I don't want 'a go back if its something that's normal. So if anyone has had experience with this, please let me know! Hopefully I'm just overreacting! Oh and sorry if my wording isn't the best. I didn't know how to describe it other than the way I just did. Thanks for any & all help!
sara052420 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote