View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 07:34 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Kris,

Pain or discomfort that "moves around your mouth" is typically not infection related unless you have periodontal disease. Otherwise, it is typically the result of a bruxing habit and/or uneven bite due to bruxing and/or worn down restorations.

Your dentist can do a clinical and radiographic examination including the measurements of your pocket depths, you can describe your discomfort and where you are having it, and then discuss his findings and your treatment options with him. Hopefully his examination will be thorough enough for you to realize why you have these symptoms and the remedy to care of it will be relatively easy...

Make sure you have all your ducks in a row before you go to your appointment.... write down all the things you want to talk to him about and make sure you cover all of it. If your next appt has been scheduled to do that one filling, perhaps it would behoove you to put off that filling, do the above exam and discussion and go back for the filling. He can still take the impression for the nightguard now and then when you go back for the filling, he can deliver that appliance.

So that's my suggestion.... think about it.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisPPP View Post
Bryanna,

Thank you. Is there anything temporary the dentist can give me until the guard is made? I am so frustrated. Now, I ate some yogurt and the extraction site feels sore a bit. Nothing major but just this is neverending!!

I know you sent me the link on TN-Neuralgia but how can someone be sure? Can the dentist tell me? I mean, I do have discomfort that does seem to move around my mouth. How does someone know if Bruxism or something more serious?
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote