View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 01:44 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemoni View Post
I'm a 25 year old girl who got into a bad situation about a year and a half ago and I got depressed. Just before that I had met a new guy who I really cared about and to try and take some of the strain of the new relationship I started taking citalopram to get on with it. After a while I noticed I didnt want sex anymore. not that I didn't want it but I didn't even notice it was gone because my body was just permanently turned off. Even touching felt kind of numb and gross.. I went to the doctor and they said it was the citalopram but since I wasn't confident I was ok without them I tried to fake it for a while. I was raped when I was little so faking it for me feels like rape. Its the worse thing there is but I really love my boyfriend.
I've stopped the citalopram for 3 weeks now and I am occassionally horny for like 5 minutes which is more than Ive had before but or sex life hasn't returned and my boyfriend keeps trying to break up with me because he doesn't believe that sexual dysfunction is a real thing for women and thinks I just don't want him anymore. What can I do to help him understand that just because women don't need an erection to have sex doesn't mean that we cant be impotent too. Is there anyone who can write there own experiences or feelings down so I can show him that its not only me. Also all of his ex girlfriends kind of just didn't share with him because he has really bad ADD and its like trying to talk to a brick wall. Personally I think hes autistic because he really does not understand that anyone else but him has emotions. not in a mean way but really. Please can someone help me try and get through to him... I just need him to understand its as frustrating for me as it is for him.

THANK YOU X
========= sounds like him actually but I showed him the description and he says he really doesn't understand whereas it says aspergers do. Also he doesn't understand hitting hurts either. He's 23 now and I know violent add is rare into adulthood. Don't worry though. I'm not a beaten up chick he tries he gets it back. But he's taking Ritalin now and the violence has diminished but he still has difficulty comprehending others feelings. I spoke to him and he says it is just the sex. He's a very unique person. He functions like a child but on an adult level but all his previous girlfriends just treat him like a retarded. It's actually he just doesn't think about anything ever apart from building machines. He responds best to people's personal experiences which is why the request. I actually appreciate the help on him because I myself have ADHD with none of his problems.
Lemoni is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote