View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 06:04 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I should add one more thing which is really strange.

I had a total hysterectomy in 2000. All this time I have been on HRT (Vivelle dot., .05 mg transdermal patch). These past 7 years I have never lowered the dose as I believed I was fine and per my ob/gyn I was. But I did ask her on occasion if estrogen could cause burning or sensory disturbances and she said yes. So, I experimented because we both thought I needed more.

Just recently I have had to change and go to another ob/gyn because the other one is downtown and it is very hard for me to drive there anymore with spinal problems.

To make a long story short, I am now 50 and my requirements over the last 7 years have changed. So, the new ob/gyn said I could lower it to .025 and hopefully I can come off of this in another year and take Fosomax or something similar along with Calcium and D. So, I switched and for 3 weeks now have been at a lower dose.

Anyway, I could NOT believe it! The cramps, pain, burning in my lower legs, ankles and feet have also stopped! I do have lumbar issues and still have radiculopathy but it is so much easier to tell now what is what. Instead of wondering what was causing what. I KNOW what radiculopathy feels like and this wasn't it and I mean the burning sensations. Or it could be that my lower half has finally caught up to the second fusion I had in my neck. I really don''t know.

So, there you go. You just NEVER know especially with an idiopathic diagnosis.

And I hate to say this but I never really did take the B vitamins. And it was only because I was tested and was never deficient in it. I am just saying you have to look at sooooooo many different things. I just never knew that some of the sensory disturbances were being caused by the little ole estrogen patch or rather too much estrogen.
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote