View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 11:25 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Starting to feel better, but concerned about tremors

I haven't seen a whole lot mentioned here regarding resting hand or leg tremors and this is the symptom that most concerns me right now.

My concussion happened in Aug 2011. I have been slowly improving over the months and the past 2 weeks have been really good. The nausea and dizziness have lessened, I feel less nervous (probably thanks to the nortriptyline), and I've been going back to the gym around 4 days/wk for some light cardio. I really hope I can keep this up without relapsing again.

One area that does not seem to be improving much is my sleep. I probably get about 5 good hrs of sleep per night and I usually wake up at least once or twice during that time. What concerns me greatly is that beginning at about month 4 of my recovery, I began to have what I call tremors as I/during sleep. They usually happen in my hands (most noticeable in my left) and sometimes my feet and calves (most noticeable in left side also). I don't seem to have these resting tremors during the day, only at night when I try to sleep or am sleeping. I am not sure if my limbs are actually shaking when this happens (I'm usually half asleep at the time), but I definitely feel like my muscles are trembling, sort of like an inner tremble. I think they last for less than 20 seconds. I feel like if I reposition myself, the trembling feeling will stop. I should note that I was feeling these even before I started on nortriptyline.

Has anyone else experienced this? I get concerned because everything I've read regarding resting tremors usually links it to Parkinson's. I know I am at greater risk for it now, but I didn't think I would have to worry about that for many yrs from now. Thanks.
Lagr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote