View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 07:04 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

i know this is a very 'touchy' subject.............there are many horror stories about the scs...........EVERY PERSON IS DIFFERENT.....what works for one, may not work for all......it is YOUR personal decision.......

frank just had the trial scs placed yesterday........he was told by me of all the pros and cons...... he was in such pain, he would do anything.............he goes to u of m hospital which is supposedly one of the best in the country, (we were pleased to see that)......his doctor left the decision up to him.................

we met with a person from this forum who loves her scs, and she talked with frank about all that would occur.........from pain, comfort, relief, etc....she eased his mind, and did not sugar coat the recovery.....for this we are eternally grateful......(you know who you are)

frank had a rough night with the pain from the insertion site..................his pain however, which has been at a ten for the past year, was now down to a 3 or 4.......

he did sleep on the couch recliner, instead of our waterbed...........and he did get some sleep........his back is painful.......no doubt about that....and he is not on any of his pain meds.......

HOWEVER today is a totally different ballgame........he feels such comfort, loves the tingle, and the pain is now about a ONE...... he has rsd in his entire left arm, starting at the neck..........................he is so excited, and happy, relieved, and acting like his 'normal' crazy self....if you could hear him now, he has his ipod with the headset, and is singing away......(not a pretty site).....laffff

he told me that he was 'this close' to cancelling the procedure yesterday, but he is so glad he went ahead with it...he does not want to let them take it out..............................

so, this surely is a controversial subject, that is probably why not many persons have replied.........i know that mark has had horrible results from his.....i believe he has had two right mark? i know that you have suffered way too much..........

but the point is, everyone has different results.....the decision is yours, and just weigh the pros and cons..........

there is another forum http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Stimulator/ that you may like to check out too.....there are many many positive stories there...............

good luck to you in your decision.............just do a lot of researching.............
big hugs, claudia

claudia
emilys gramma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hurting (09-03-2010)