View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 04:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara View Post

How old is your son?
He is ten. He had to have the tic for at least a year before they would send him to the neurologist, so it's been awhile. I have an appointment next week to go back to the general doctor to get a referral to a pediatric neurologist. (The one he was going to will see all ages, but I've never seen any other children there.) From there, it is my understanding that when we go to a new one, we will take all of our old information so I need to get a hold of that.

In regards to getting copies of the report before trying to go to a new neuro- I think I'm just going to do both! His medication isn't seeming to help much anymore and if I have to take him back to one, I'd rather try and find one that I feel will work with us and not just want to give him some medication to stop the 'tics', which, as mentioned earlier on the page, weren't harmful to him. It made him look strange, but he wasn't even aware that he was doing it... I wouldn't want him to take the strong medication strictly for appearance reasons, but the neuro made it sound like there were other issues going on 'inside' that the medication would also help?

In any event- I am so thankful that everyone here has been helpful. We are new to this situation and I wasn't sure if my expectations were set too high or if we were getting the normal treatment.
roxyblue722 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (01-23-2012), Lara (01-09-2012)