View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 07:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile I totally agree

Thank you for your reply- Yes, trials are another way to get free meds. I sure wish I could share your doctor. Sometimes the numbers are small not because of lack of enthusiasm but because of the strict criteria of the trial.... for instance I volunteered twice for gene therapy, and Spearamine, but was disqualified once because I had no insurance and should I have any complications, who would pay for it?, and would the people in charge think I was volunteering because I was desperate?, the second one I was disqualified because of the same reasons and also Dr. Christine (who I think is brilliant) at UCSF also felt I wasn't "optimally" medicated. I also volunteered for some drug studies and was found to be not what they were looking for. Another factor was my neuro at the time had changed my dx from PD to Parkinsonism (I believe for religious reasons) because he knew they wouldn't do any "cell" type study on me unless I had the genuine disease. So I definitely encourage anyone who can to participate in studies because sometimes it is nearly impossible to find enough volunteers who meet the criteria.

I love your idea of the companionship on wheels, I think loneliness, like stress probably has a similiar effect on our disease acceleration. The possibilities of what we can make happen for one another are really endless. You know I looked into cooked meals that would be delivered weekly for my brother when his wife passed away. His church ended up filling that void but it wouldn't be a bad idea to add that to the list for people that are unable to cook dinner for instance, to have something that resembles more of a complete meal on occasion or perhaps a gift certificate to Safeway.com or any other grocery.com, I tried it once and it is close to shopping in the store, there are pictures of items and it is very well organized, you can get it delivered the next day, of course they want 10 bucks after the 1st time for delivery but hey gas is getting crazy and if you can't get out for whatever reason it is a real luxury to shop online. Well just get me warmed up - huh? I think I have done more typing in the last two days then I have done in 6 months. Keep the ideas coming--- so far the name possibilities are; P.D.C.C --Parkinson's Disease Community Chest, you know like monopoly.
Parkinson's Resource and Information Network
which would be B.R.A.I.N. if it could only start with a B - maybe it could go on a brain as part of a logo and
New Ways for PDers or New Days for PDers
I really appreciate your input- thank you!
turtle95610 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote