View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 06:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
Okay,
After reading all the posts on this point I feel compelled to tell my little story.
Lately I'm losing my balance more and more due to degenerative cerebral atrophy and whenever I "go down" it's like my legs give out and for a short time I feel as if my brain becomes unplugged or like a pause button gets pushed.
I fell getting out of the car the other day and my wife said she never saw such a blank look on face. It always scares the gagibbers out of me when it happens.
I think having something happen to me with such lack of control is what scares me the most...
Jimbo,

Of all of the symptoms I have endured the balance and falls are right up on there on the misery scale. Sometimes I would walk through a room and duck my head because I thought the ceiling was going to hit me. Part and parcel was not being able to judge where something was when I reached for it. It was clear to me that proprioception issues were worsening as my CRPS progressed. I now have a service dog who alerts me to falls before I even know they are coming. The thing that greatly improved my balance, however, and has reduced my falls is tDCS. Prior to tDCS I was keeling over sometimes several times a week. I feared that it was only a matter of time before one of those falls either ignited a new source of CRPS, or caused severe injury. Although I still fall I have not fallen in two weeks.

Hope this helps!
ballerina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote