View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 07:46 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Kris,

TMJ, TMD basically pertains to the same area of the jaw. The term is used differently depending on the diagnosis.

The tooth most likely was creating an unnatural pressure within the TMJ area. So that pressure would have continued if the tooth were still present. Since your dentist had previously told you that he saw signs of you grinding your teeth, then you were most likely grinding prior to removing this tooth. So there was probably a combination of issues going on at the same time. Does that sound reasonable to you?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisPPP View Post
This sounds like a good plan. Do you think this may be TMJ/TMD? When I push on the joints, both sides, and open my mouth up -- there is some discomfort/pain in the joints. I read to do this to test for TMJ. Anyway, I have pressure in my ear and a bit behind my eye today. The extraction site feels a bit odd....pressure feeling and all the other teeth feel fine today. I am just so lost and pray every day that I wake up without this discomfort. I really wish this would go away. But....the reason I had the wisdom tooth out was due to pressure in the tooth area and in front of ear and in cheek so maybe this really has nothing to do with the darn tooth and something else, the grinding, is the culprit???
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote