View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 08:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

The balance problems and the falls are terrible. Those started for me this year after the RSD spread and when I was having hallucinations and acting all weird on top of the balance problems and the falls that was literally a living hell. I was told by the doctors that I could not be left home alone so my mom came to live with us for a while (that was a whole other sort of hell...lol). I've never had the seizure type thing in conjuction with the falls...but I do know how scary it is to not be in control of yourself. My boyfriend tells me some of the crazy things that I was doing and I have NO memory of them at all.

I still have problems with the balance...takes a lot of concentration to make my feet go where I want them to go. I won't leave the house without my 4 wheel walker...definitely would be far too risky. Even with the walker I sometimes can't control what my feet are doing (especially if the pain starts to get up to that 9-10 level)...but at least I feel less likely to fall and can just sit down on the seat if I don't feel right.

So sorry for everyone who has to deal with these things. It's good to know that I am not alone because when this all first started happening I didn't know if it was the RSD that was causing it because all the doctors were telling me it is not a symptom of RSD...but at the same time I wish that no one had to suffer with these things.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote