View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 10:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Mild but persistent tachycardia

A couple weeks ago I got dizzy in the shower and fell. When I went in to the doctor, my BP was low (90/64) and I was mildly tachycardic (heart rate just over 100). She told me to stay home and rest that day and lowered my dose of amitriptyline to 30 mg.

I wasn't TOO worried because my blood pressure does tend to run a bit low (90-100ish over 60-70ish) and my pulse does tend to run a bit high (80 while seated/resting hasn't been uncommon).

Today when I was at a different doctor for an unrelated procedure, my BP registered low and I was again mildly tachycardic (high 90s-low 100s throughout the procedure). Today I did not feel particularly dizzy at any point in the day, although I have been having "woozy" moments where I have to stop while standing up and wait for my head to clear. Again, not entirely unusual for me.

I suppose this could be because I was nervous about the procedure, but I'm also a little concerned about the heart rate being consistently high over a couple of weeks over a couple of doctors. In the interim I have also switched antidepressants to 30 mg celexa (I used to take 40 mg prozac).

Sound alarming? Or am I being a hypochondriac?

Was experiencing:
Persistent headaches, fatigue, slowed cognitive functions, depression
Symptoms exacerbated by being in a crowd, watching TV, driving, other miscellaneous stress & sensory overload
Sciatica/piriformis syndrome with numbness & loss of reflex

Largely recovered after participating in Nedley Depression Recovery Program March 2012:

Eowyn Rides Again: My Journey Back from Concussion

Eowyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote