View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 08:44 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

* I really wish that I would have discovered something like this forum from the beginning, but then again, I didn't have the short term memory for it.

* That my parents had somehow known to take away my phone and computer to an extent, or at least monitor what I was doing better. I had short-term memory loss for months. I had a phone scam occur, and did a lot that I do not remember at all.

* That I had had the right doctor from the beginning, but that's not always the easiest thing to figure out.

* To know that it could possibly take years to recover and that it could be permanent. The many false promises of "only 3 more months" killed me, and I feel like I wasted time. I could have been coping instead of being in waiting all the time for it to just disappear.

* Talk to your loved ones or people you are close with about how you're really feeling. Get it out. If not verbally, than email them or something.

I felt like I was talking about it all these years, but recently my father said something on the phone that hit a nerve with me. I emailed him a very long email about everything I was feeling and going through and it has helped. He thanked me for really explaining, and it took me over 3 years to do that.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Concussed Scientist (06-23-2013), easeinbeing (09-24-2013), kayley (02-07-2012), Klaus (01-14-2012), twohandles (07-27-2017)