Thread: People!
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 09:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile Long forgotten what normal is like

Isn't that the truth? Thanks for posting that article - it will be bookmarked for much more use, as it does help us understand our providers, which is something I've never considered before. I lumped doctors into a couple of groups but never before considered how they felt about me!

Today I woke up feeling very sad. It's been two weeks since my implant
and I'm having to deal with knowing that my legs just aren't going to get any better or improve any more than this. I'm going to have to live with this sensation in my legs the rest of my life. No one ever promised that it would be better but I had just kind of hoped that somehow with this implant my legs would feel normal again, but that's not to be. No matter how many times I've thought that I'd accepted that, it rears it's ugly head from time to time. That's a tough pill to swallow. I would give a lot to feel "normal" just once more, so I could appreciate it.

I do feel this stimulator will help but there is a lot of stimulation to adjust to. Somebody I thought it would be different, or less, or something. So here I go again. But thank you all for your thoughts, and especially for the letter from Dr Rob - it helps!
ElizaJane23 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
JoanB (01-10-2012), Rrae (01-10-2012)