View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 11:23 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default chiari recovery

Hi,
I just had chiari surgery November of 2011. I was diagnosed with chiari in 2007 however I had been dealing with the symptoms since 2000. It has been 6 weeks and I'm still trying to regain my strength and full range of motion in my neck. My head still feels heavy at times and my scalp feesl numb in one spot. I had a lot of fluid build up in my spine which caused alot of nerve damage. I had a great surgeon and would do it all over again. The headaches, the pain in my arm and back, the sleepless nights have all DRASTICALLY lessened to almost non-existence. I realize I'm still healing but I'm hopeful. I would definitely recommend you going back to the doctor. My step sister a good friend of mine had chiari surgery a few years ago and they are doing wonderful. They have regained full motion in their neck with no stiffness. My friend has had no symptoms since the surgery and my sister deals with occasional back pain when she is stressed or if she has been doing to much, however this is relieved with advil and a good night's rest. This is a definite change from what she was going thru before the surgery. Like I said I hopeful, if it worked out for them it will work out for me... Seek help from your doctor or see another doctor that can and will help you.. don't give up! i don't believe that is normal.
cmartin1129 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote