Old 01-10-2012, 02:33 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX Horatio View Post
You cant just go from 900mg of Neurontin to another drug. In this case Lyrica.
50mg-100mg a day or you will experience withdrawal. If Lyrica is your choice then stay on Neurontin until you gradually get off it and then hit a higher dose of Lyrica.
Good Luck
Malawigirl has stated just above:
Quote:
I called my GP today and he said keep going with the reduction in Gabapentin and he has prescribed Tramadol to get me through this next few weeks.
Anyone discontinuing gabapentin, should be tapered by the doctor and supervised carefully. The higher the dose, and the longer one has been using it, should have a longer taper. But there is not much information on the net giving strict taper schedules, so one must be sure their doctor is informed on how to do this. Some people come down 100mg a week. But that is only an average. It may vary from person to person.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote