View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 03:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballerina View Post
Voner,

The first part of the equation is to select docs who are interested in developing partnership with patients. If you don't have that kind of relationship with your doc, or feel that you cannot, for whatever reason develop that kind of relationship, you will probably not be successful in getting him/her to review research.

This is a very slippery slope when it comes to treating a disease such as CRPS. It could also mean that you have a hammer and nail kind of doc. He/she is the hammer and you are the nail. He/she has a particular vent on your treatment, whether it be motivated by money (i.e. expensive procedures like spinal coed stimulators that come with a long, revenue producing feeding chain i.e. sales reps), or a lack of interest in learning anything new or state of the art, or an uneasiness with partnership relationships in relation to his/her patients.

Hope this helps!
This is so true. Until I started working with my current doctor I had never experienced this sort of doctor/patient relationship where it really felt like a partnership. I was lucky that I also had this sort of relationship with my physical therapist. To have those 2 key people on board and interested in learning about RSD and trying different treatments has made such a difference in my life. It has also helped me really feel like I have some control now over this RSD monster and am not just at its mercy and at the mercy of the doctors. Having that partnership with my treating doctor is truly priceless.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ballerina (01-15-2012), fmichael (01-17-2012)