View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 03:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobster View Post
I like to golf with my husband, one day I can do it and put up with the pain after words and sometimes I think I can do and find out while trying to that I can't! Sometimes I feel it worth the pain because you need some enjoyment in life!
Such a big part of my fight against RSD is to continue to find things that I enjoy in life and to do them. Yes...they can aggravate the pain, but I do my best to use all my little tricks to lessen that pain as much as possible. I have also had to find new ways to accomplish things that I enjoy (different ways to hold things and stuff like that). I also try to find new things to enjoy that fit within my physical limitations. It's important to remind ourselves WHY we need to fight so hard to get that function back. Quality of life is so important and a big part of that is enjoying life as much as possible. It's important to know your limits and learn to understand the signs that say when you need to stop and/or take it easy...but to balance that with still doing the things you love and enjoy if you can and to find new things that you enjoy if you can't do the same things you did before.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote