Thread: People!
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 03:50 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Crazy Stages of grief....

I think I'm still in the 'DENIAL' phase.......I keep wishing/hoping I'll wake up from this bad dream!

I wonder what doctors really say about us on THEIR forums! I accidentally landed on one awhile back, so I think I have a pretty good idea.......There are plenty of @$#%^& doctors who are convinced we all are drug seeking malingerers! Seems we have to go thru the seventh circle of HADES just to prove we aren't!

I think most of us really do appreciate life and all that we've been blessed with. We enjoy our families and do things to the best of our capabilities....it's just that when we come *here* , it's mostly for support and understanding and that's why more times than not the conversations are more on the negative side.

Despite all the blessings, etc.....there are certain people in our lives that we want to talk 'on the level' with. I have a friend who asks me how I am (she's in the medical field and I've known her for 30 yrs) and if I say anything on the negative side she rebukes me saying "Tah Tah! Now we get what we confess you know!". Ok, I get where that is coming from, but for somebody who really truly knows us, wouldn't you think we could talk 'reality' for a bit? Especially since she's in healthcare, you'd think she'd want to delve into the medical reality of what this is all about. I call that a pretty shallow relationship imo.
No, I dont' go whining to everybody who will lend an ear....I'm a positive person (as much as I can be - there's always room for improvement tho). I praise God aLOT and am thankful for so many things, but....

I dont' mean to sound negative . I'm just thinking that if one of 'my' friends were faced with RSD/PN or any disease for that matter - that I would want to know the reality of what this is like for them.
I completely see the logic in responding to the casual person that I am blessed and doing good - heck ya.

...................help me out someone, I feel like I'm digging my own grave here ....
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (01-10-2012)