Thread: Rfa?
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 10:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks Jan,
I have not been online in a long time, just no time and meds are interferring with my life.
I took the Tramadol Saturday morning. I had taken 30mg of Elavil the night before. Oh boy, text book reaction; vomitting, brutal headache, tremor, profuse sweating, etc. Could literally not lift my head from the pillow for 1.5 days. I don't know, all I know is I need to unload 98 Tramadols (you can't flush any of the stuff anymore it's in the ground water, the highest concentration of drug found is estrodial, waste water plants can't filter all the drugs out, they aren't set up for that). I don't know why, I can take any and all opiods with only minor effects, upset stomach and the expected drowsiness that stuff. I have never had a reaction to anything like that. I thought I was dying and I could not pick up my head long enough to dial the phone. That's bad!

The Rhizotomies failed, I am in worse shape now due to brutal headaches, and neck pain (that I really didn't have before now my main complaint was headache). Now I have this crap going on in my neck, feels like something inside is twisting, I get this jumping nerve thing that drives me crazy and the headaches are full blown migraines with nausea and all the other manifestations of migraine, I did not have all that before.

Now pain guy says "neuropathic pain" put me on Gabapentin, which works wonderfully but I am having the effects from the Gabapentin, dizziness, spatial relation issues, numbness, and so on. He says we will talk about it at the next visit in two weeks. Well surprise!! I found a rheumatologist highly recommended by my podiatrist (ankle pain, no bone problem yet he thinks it's OA starting in the soft tissue). I am no longer their patient. And they will find out when I cancel my followups. I will write them for my test results (EMG/NCV) and treatment records that I want for the rheumatologist. And I will, if needed, have the new doctor refer me to real pain management if that's where I need to be.
semurray is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote