View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 05:20 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Unhappy

here are some older articles about lewy bodies and alphasynuclein. this forum is notoriously unfazed about research ; so knowledgeable that nothing fazes anyone; I am right there with you. But the fact that the number of lewy bodies is not in a comparable pattern with the quantity of lost neurons could end up in separation of the two events - cell death and lewy body formation.

could this lead to the need to change treatments in progress? Patients, -lotsof them-should be involved in decisions about research. not just a few handpicked altho they are smart and have much to offer - there are so many and much can be blogged or skyped.

we have waited and always do our homework. i'm going to mayo clinic in jacksonville to see what i can learn about individual medicine.

this finding seems significant but if scientists remain aloof it will be another bsed around issue. i don't understand and have many questions of continuing the emphasis on lewy bodies, particular the alpha synuclein - again because we don't know its' function.

sorry to be negative but only because i'm supposed to not be negative to others. i'm not really sorry because i am strugglng and want to be in on some criticial trial protocol decisions and decisions about what to research. To leave all such important choices to a few produces more fat cats than treatments/ to continue in the same manner fits the definition of insanity.

http://jnnp.bmj.com/content/77/5/585.abstract
jnnp.bmj.com/content/77/5/585.abstract

as u can see cognition, lewy bodies, dementia and gait and balance are survival tactics and it takes a long time to feel no pain from a fractured bone. we have to recognize where we are headed and do what we can to develop our own services.

How much does this study change anything?

exercise please!

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."

Last edited by paula_w; 01-10-2012 at 05:39 PM.
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bob Dawson (01-10-2012), imark3000 (01-10-2012), RLSmi (01-14-2012)