Thread: People!
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 07:11 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrae View Post
help me out someone, I feel like I'm digging my own grave here ....
Lotta that going around. (i.e. me too, ditto...)

We have a friend in the medical field who actually pumps me for more information on how I am after I've said, "I'd rather not talk about it and keep things light & positive."

Quote:
I'm just thinking that if one of 'my' friends were faced with RSD/PN or any disease for that matter - that I would want to know the reality of what this is like for them.
You're a better man than I, Charlie Brown! I think I get a good sense of that (as much as one can get) from reading posts here and elsewhere, involvement in face-to-face support groups, reading blogs.... Myself, I guess I'm more interested/concerned with how people (find ways to) cope. I feel I can't help the next guy/gal by knowing what it's like - I don't think I CAN really know what it's like - can anyone really? Knowing how they cope - what works - is something I can pass on. So I try to pass on what works for me. If I can reach/help one other person, it makes my day.

But that's me.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
JoanB (01-10-2012)