View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 10:42 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Riven,

Anytime you have an immediate partial denture or full denture put in after extractions, you go back to the dentist 24 hours later for him to take it out, clean it, and adjust it. You then take it out every day from that day on to clean it, and gently rinse with lightly salted water. For the next month you go to the dentist for him to make adjustments on the partial so that it is comfortable.

If your dentist seems disinterested in your situation, then go to another dentist. You need continued care and frequent adjustments on the partial or you could end up with a bad infection.

Also, be sure not to use too much salt in the water... only a pinch of salt in about 3 ounces of warm water is adequate 3 times a day. Do not rinse with any mouthwash. It will disturb the healing process.

Hope this information is helpful to you.
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riven View Post
I had 3 root filled teeth out last week - front lower. After 20 years of constant infections under those root filled teeth they are finally gone. Its now been 6 days and the gums are sore, the sockets filled with dead tissue which the dentist has seen and didnt seem bothered about and the partial denture (its an open face fitted socket held on by flanges at the back and under the lower ridge) is sore and hurting.
My dentist doesnt seem bothered but i feel like crying its all so sore.
Is some white stuff in the sockets normal?
Am I a mug for an open face denture (no fake gum in front) and fitted socket. He really didnt explain different options for a partial and I was so petrified (dental phobic) I didnt really ask.
I saw the dentist after 5 days of continous wear and he showed me how to take it out. Now its coming in and out 3 times a day for salty washes the pain is much muc worse. Normal?TIA
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote