View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 01:43 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstar View Post
welp, my insurance (medicaid) was cancelled as of Jan 1 so no more tysabri for me, for probably 6 months, which is the wait time until i can get insurance again. cigna told me MS is an automatic denial
Have you spoken to the patient assistance program? They seem to be working with people to find solutions.

In my case, they offered to give me the vial for a co-pay of $10.00 but it still didn't help me, since it's the co-insurance and deductible I have a problem with. Their giving me the drug only freed my insurance co. from having to pay for the drug, but I am still stuck with the huge bill for the first infusion every year, so I told them to save it for someone who truly will benefit from their assistance.

I am evidently not eligible for a reduced rate from the infusion center despite having been turned down by the state medicaid program, so I went on a payment plan with the hospital where I get my infusion. I'll be paying 10% of my monthly income from now on unless something changes.

It hurts, but it's worth it for me to make sure I stay where I am rather than going down the tube!

Please call your caseworker and let them know what is happening with your insurance. They can help.

I have this mental picture in my mind of you all, shaking bones and bells and charms, muttering prayers and voodoo curses, dancing around in a circle of salt, with leetle glasses and tiny bottles of cheer in the middle...myyyyyy friends!

diagnosed 09/03/2004
scheduled to start Tysabri 03/05
Tysabri withdrawn from market 02/28/05
Copaxone 05/05-12/06
Tysabri returned to market 06/05/06
Found a new neuro 04/07
Tysabri 05/25/07-present
Medical Marijuana legally 12/03/09

Negative for JC virus antibodies!

I'm doing alright and making good grades,
The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades!
Riverwild is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Grammie 2 3 (01-16-2012), Natalie8 (01-15-2012), SallyC (01-17-2012)