View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 12:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Wendy;

Before the nasty neuropathy took away the ability to use my feet for things other than walking very short distances - like from the bedroom to the bathroom - I could excercise and never appreciated the fact that I could. Now I'm dieting and it would be going so much faster if I could excercise so my first bit of advice is to think of excercise as something you WANT to do rather than something you NEED to do. Also, vary the type of excercise from day to day to allieviate boredom. Use the treadmill on bad weather days or at night and walk outside on the nice days. You get the idea - you are smart so you get bored easily, right? One good excercise almost every woman does is clean. But you have to get your heart going so do the hard stuff, mop floors, vacuum, change bedding, etc. Go at it for an hour or an afternoon, as long as you are cleaning, it counts! Turn on your favorite tunes or t.v. program. Promise yourself a long bubble bath when you are done or watch that movie you've been wanting to see that your husband thinks is for chicks only :-) And if you would, could you take that extra step for me (and think of me right next to you making you work harder!!!)

Just have fun,
Nancy
nancy-h is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote