Thread: Recovery update
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 10:02 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrae View Post
Wow! Your dentist sounds amazing. Did you know we have a Dental forum right here at NT? When I was having dental problems (Due to taking Lyrica) a year ago I asked some Q's over on that forum and Bryanna was SO helpful! I've learned much more from her than any dentist I've ever seen. She's really good about explaining things.

Those nasty headaches! Maybe while you're with your Neuro tomorrow you might ask re: possible CSF (central spinal fluid) Leak......I'm really curious what he would say.
I just hope he has SOMEthing that will help you!

Rae
I noticed a dental forum the other day, although I haven't peered into it yet, looks like I should! The root (pardon the pun) of my RSD comes from biting a rock that was in my mexican food back in 1991 and all the work I had to have done after losing my three back bottom teeth...root canals, then implants, then this bridge that just came off this week (was a good one to last that long!!). All that trauma caused the RSD and the stellate ganglion nerve blocks helped me! My dentist at the time was a Godsend! He helped me so much and searched until he could find doctors who could help me. I never thought I would find another dentist like him.

I now live 2 1/2 hours away from that dentist, so I see his brother-in-law who happens to practice in my town, he knows my history well and knows how to treat ME!! I really like him too. My luck normally stinks, but I did luck out here!

Oh, both the surgeon and the neuro do not think it is a CSF leak (I was worried about that too). She (the nuero) did tell me that she has another patient that had increased migraines AFTER they had to change out her SCS leads...very interesting huh? That is when mine increased. They finally got hers under control with more muscle relaxer/med combo. We are working on my meds, to change things around a little. One suggestion was butterbur. She thinks that my body might just be too used to the topamax since I have been on it for so long.

Nanc
Nanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (01-12-2012), Rrae (01-11-2012)