View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 11:17 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Update. Went to see an NHS dentist. He said the open front denture was totally wrong and food always gets stuck underneath without a flange and all the ulcers are because I am allergic to valplast.
So, I am going to have to write off the money and start again. New dentist will take an impression next week when the gums have healed more and make me a proper denture for those 3 front lower teeth. As its NHS there will be a one off charge of £200 for denture plus relines and adjustments etc
In the meantime I will have to wear the valplast for meetings and going out cos I cant be without teeth.
I'm pretty upset as you can imagine. The loss of money is huge for us as hubby works part time only and we care for a severely brain damaged child but there is little I can do.
Hubby says he is sure the private dentist was doing what he thought best with the open front teeth and didnt know I'd be allergic to valplast but right now Im not thinking kind thoughts!
Thankyou for answering Bryanna. Before I had the root filled teeth out (and I guess that is the best bit of all of this. Those toxic teeth are gone) I read everything you've said about root filled teeth and the damage to health and learned a great deal. My multiple sclerosis developed within a week of root canals so I think they caused it. I've had 20 years of constant infections under those root filled teeth and endless courses of powerful antibiotics. Now I am glad they are gone and hope I can get the right dentures with a decent dentist who I know isnt doing things for money cos he works for the NHS on a set salary.
But I think I'm going to go and have a small cry over the waste of £500
You live and learn
Riven is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote