View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 01:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzol12 View Post
Hi everyone, little bit of back ground first. Im a healthy 32 year old woman. M It took me 9 years to get diaganosed with TOS! My symtoms were horrible, pins and needles 24 hours a day, painful heavy arms and it was really affecting my life. Went to soooo many differnt doctors, was even told i was making it up and needed to c a phycatrist! Had physio 3 times over those years and it did nothing. Went to osteopaths and chiropracters and still nothing helped. The chiropacter diagnosed me but couldnt help. I looked up consultants that specialized in TOS, i found one but i had to pay privatley. It was money well spent, he looked at my xrays and mri scan and said i have TOS without a doubt. I dont have any cerviacl ribs but the C7 vertebrae on my right side was abnormaly large and had probaly caused fibrus bands and tissue to grow and cause TOS. i have TOS on both sides. He reffered me back to a wonderful surgeon on the nhs. Who i saw and agreeded with the private consultant. next thing i know 3 weeks after seeing him im in hospital having a first rib resection on my left side. Alot to get my head around after all those years of no one believing in me. Its been 7 weeks since i had my surgery and im still in alot of pain. My back really hurts, the surgeon took the whole of the rib out on the left side and he went through an incission in my arm pit. I had fibrus band and tissue on that side that also came out. Has any one else had awful back pain? and the other worrying pain is my ulner nerve that runs down the inside of the arm. It feels like there is so much pressure in it and i cant bend my arm for long without having to straighten it to release the pressure. The main pain is at my elbow and it shoots doan to my wrist. Im seeing the surgeon on Monday as i havnt read anything that says this is normal. Any one have any thing simular? or know if its normal? Please help.
Sorry to hear of your pain.............. I know what it's like!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had the same procedure on my right side 4 months ago and currently still repairing. I get alot of deep tight pain around my shoulderblades and neck also my arms ache quickly and I experience deep pain in the breast, bicep, back of arm, in elbow area and down to wrist.
I have recently seen my neurologist who suspects carpal tunnel is contributing so he has referred me for extra EMG tests and physio.
Have you also been checked for carpal tunnel?
Do you have problems with your hand/s going dead/numb at night that only resolve if you shake them out? I get this frequently which distrupts my sleep pattern. Try to stay as relaxed as possible, tension can add so much to nerve symptoms. Hot baths, meditation, gentle stretches whatever it takes to help. It doesn't help when Docs say it's all in your head...... I experienced that too!!!!!!!!!
Best wishes
SD38 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
fizzol12 (01-11-2012)