View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 02:02 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
So if someone is told by their doctor, that their nerves are "dying" well imagine how slanted that can be taken!
When I was around 5 years old our family drove from NYS to FLA to visit grandparents. When we got into the Deep South, I saw Spanish moss for the first time. My mother made an offhand remark that she hated Spanish moss because, "it kills everything it touches." Being an innocent (believe it or don't! ) naïve 5 year old boy, implicitly believing/trusting his mother (and taking her literally at her word) I was TERRIFIED to get out of the car at the next stop to the point of crying/screaming my head off because I thought if that stuff touched me I was going to DIE.

Having two older siblings, you'd think she'd have known by then that parents have to be careful what they say around impressionable young'unz...

Quote:
Some of our new posters have come here and stated that their neurologist recommended, acetyl carnitine and lipoic acid. This is a start in the right direction, a small start, since there are not many, but it does show that some doctors ARE reading the research and offering this kind of help now.
....or maybe they're reading NT....

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (01-11-2012)