View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 02:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused pain med. advice?

I have a herniated disk at C5C/6. At first my pain was only after sleeping and woke me up at 3am. But since these brilliant pain Dr.'s messed with me I have a constant pain running down my arm to my thumb (feels like my arm is in a trunicate).

I have tried Celebrex and a muscle relaxer (robaxin). Celebrex had a very very very mild effect (maybe same as a tylenol), muscle relaxer did absolutely nothing (but give me a headache).

Toradol has a mild effect but you can't take that everyday as it really messes up my stomach and does nothing for the morning pain.

I'm going into the ridiculous pain Dr. tomorrow and requesting a fentayl patch. Can anyone make recommendations for what might be the best thing to try? as they might not agree with my recommendation

I am also doing traction and apply heat to my neck and arm at night (seems to be the only thing that feels good while its on there the second i take it off it hurts). I also have an appt to do accupuncture Sat. But I have been in this constant pain for 2 weeks now and if I have one more minute of the pain i feel like i might shoot myself in the freaking head... argh... very flustrating...

I also have a tens unit that does absolutely nothing, seriously on my last nerve (haha get it nerve.. argh)

thanks for any suggestions..

J.
joojee22 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote