View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 03:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thanks gabby

]89danboy,yes the treatments are a bit scary at times with all of the hallucinations. The 10 day out patient made me Lise all of my inflamattion weight I put on . But didn't help me with all of my ailments til about a 2 weeks after treatment and then I was sold on how it really does work. Hope your mother inlaw is beating her cancer, I'm going thru that now with my mother now also. Breast cancer. Great to know how much u recovered from rsd. Thanks for the message gabblycakes

Wow, that's not the first time I have heard of a doctor in NJ losing is license to practice PM. That's really terrible for you I hope you are doing okay, I also live in NJ way up north, near Mountain Creek, the ski area. I don't know of any doctors in your area but I'm sure someone will hop on with some names. You stated that you are going to have additional ketamine with Dr. Schwatzman or Dr. Getson once your insurance comes through, maybe you can asked there offices for a referral. I know some doctors don't like to do that. It was very hard to me to change from my doctors in NYC. I only switched because it was a hard commute it's an hour and a half without any traffic and I really did not need to go all the way into NYC at this point. I tried on my own and it was impossible, I shouldn't say impossible but hard to find someone who knew anything about RSD. I finally asked my PM doctor in NY to help me and he did and my new PM doctor is great and does work closing with my doctors in NY so it worked out. But it was a little scary.
I wish you the best with the ketamine treatments. I have done ketamine 3 - 5 day in-patient in NYC and boosters with Dr. Schwartzman. It did a great job haulting the spread, lessened the migraines, helped with the pain and allowed me to get off 99% of all the meds. I was on. I did the protocol boosters and then a few more after that but haven't had a booster since Jan 08 and have been doing okay. Had to have a few epidurals for my back which just worked great and haven't even had an epidural it will be 2 years in April. So all in all I would say it was a success. You will read on here that many do boosters continuously. For me even though the ketamine definitly saved me we don't get along lets say. I get severe nausea during the treatments which ofcourse they treat but I still get horribly sick. I remember during one of my inpatients especially the first and second day when the drug is introduced to your body I really get sick. My husband asked for a bucket so I could p...... and she brought in one of those little pink things that look like a kidney bean and he said to her " she's going to need way more then this", it was just horrible. I really never had hallucinations maybe the first one but positive not the nightmares some have. Sorry for the rambling I haven't had any time to read or post in a while you are the first. My husband's mom is very, very sick with cancer and it's just been a nightmare. Today is the first day in months that I can stay home and catch up. I wish you the best keep the faith. This site has some really wonderful people who I'm sure will give you some great names of doctors.

Nice to meet you,

Gabbycakes[/QUOTE]
89danboy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote