View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 05:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
If you have air conditioning in the summer? That may be okay.

Top shelves tend to be warmer than lower down, but with air, it should be okay.

What is really hard on them is moisture. Magnesium, Arginine,
for example will sweat in humid weather. I don't have experience with EVERYTHING... but the general rule is that if there is a moisture packet in the bottle, then moisture is a problem. I've had some supplements that came with TWO packets or little plastic drums, or whatever. In the "business" we called them "do not eats" because that is what is on the outside! LOL

The enemies are 1) moisture, 2) heat, 3) light

Antioxidants, like Vit E and Vit C are very fragile and will go bad quickly. Oils like fish oil, flax oil and Vit E can be kept in the Frig and only a few in a Pharmacy vial be kept outside (properly labeled). Your pharmacy will give you extra vials, if you ask. They rarely charge you money for them. Unless you ask for many like 10 or 20 or something like that. The pharmacy vials are nice because they protect from light, and moisture because of their closures.

You can also ask your pharmacy to save "do not eats" for you, mostly from drugs that are film coated... and not powdery. Many pharmacies will keep them for you and they can be recharged at low temps like a low setting on a hair dryer if necessary.
Thanks MrsD! Think I'll move the bottles to a lower cabinet which seems to be much cooler. I always try to keep the "do not eat's" in the bottle. I'll try to get a hold of some bottles from the pharmacy . You're such a treasure for this site MrsD, sometimes I just wanna give you a hug for your immense work, thanks a lot!
mrsD (01-11-2012)