View Single Post
Old 09-19-2006, 06:36 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey Annie-

I do not blame you for being careful. I had my second GTC while curling my hair, ended up with 2-3rd degree burns on my ear (while in the CP part) and 2nd degree burns on my neck when I fell on top of of the curling iron. I was lucky that I was living with a roommate at the time who came running when she heard me fall.

Then there was the topamax incident. I started on this medication on a Saturday when my husband was travelling (first mistake). I also started at too high of a dose, listened to the resident who wrote the script (second mistake). I had put a frozen pizza in the oven...was all I was able to do...very confused and dizzy. When the timer went off, I went to the kitchen and grabbed an oven mitt and then proceded to reach in the oven with the ungloved hand! I saw what I was doing as if I was looking at another person...very weird. So yeah...I get the burn thing.

If you are ever upgrading your oven, GE has a nice feature on their ovens now...a timer that shuts off the oven. So I can put my pizza or whatever in the oven at 350 and if I use the feature, it will shut it off after whatever time I set. The trick is to get a feel for the oven though so that some things don't undercook.

Another cool thing out there is the Avantium "oven". It looks and acts like a microwave but cooks more like an oven. So your meat turns out better (not rubbery like in the microwave) and even baking potatoes in it isn't bad. Maybe you could put this on your Christmas list?

Stay safe.

Hugs-
Stacy
spacy stacy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote