Thread: People!
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 01:19 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile Great answer Mark!

That's a perfect thing to say Mark! I am going to an event at my church this Sunday - all women, and a group that I do a praise/prayer ministry for. It will be my first time 'out' in public since my implant. I have put myself on the prayer list many times during this 15 month process, and most are aware of the huge burden of pain I bear on a daily basis. I've received many emails congratulating me now that my pain is "gone" and I dont EVEN want to go into that it is managed at about 50% of my lower body and none of my upper body - you know how that would go! And I do want to rejoice! And offer up praises for this big 50% decrease in pain! I will give a quick 1-2 minute speech about the prayer ministry and I think your saying of "I feel blessed - how about you?" is perfect for that, and for all the other inquiries that are sure to happen. Perfect! I know from living these past 15 years in pain and surgeries that few, very few, have stayed along as friends, and none - not a single one - reached out to me this past winter during my depression when I could barely leave the house. It is tough to see these past two months, due to increased pain meds and the hope SCS has brought, that I have been able to go to social functions during the holidays and my friends are still there, ready to get together and do more things, as long as I can get out and do them. With writing this I can feel the bitterness rising, and the passion to do something about it! I think God is leading me to a new ministry - to go and See and VISIT with shut ins and the elderly. If they can't get out, then by golly I'm going to be the friend that will see them through whatever - not just wait for them to come back! Don't you just love how the Lord leads? Here I am commenting on something positive to say and He leads me to where my passion is: to not leave those who are incapacitated at home alone! Yeah!
ElizaJane23 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dr. Smith (01-12-2012), ger715 (01-12-2012), Mark56 (01-12-2012), Rrae (01-12-2012)