View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 03:32 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellysf View Post
Unfortunately, high pain following surgery is all too common. I had physical therapy within two weeks of surgery. My surgeon wouldn't do the surgery until insurance authorized PT. Even so, scar tissue developed and I'm much worse than I was before surgery (it's been 7 years since surgery).

Don't let anyone rush you into a second surgery. My surgeon said it would take 9-12 months to know if the surgery even helped. At that point, I decided my experience was too poor to warrant going through it again on the other side.

I hope your pain is just a temporary set back. My nerves were incredibly stirred up for about 2 months following surgery.

Good luck,
Kelly
Thanks for your reply. Im really sorry to hear that you are worse now than before surgery. I have read this alot but i was so desperate that i had to take the chance. I do not want the next surgery yet, not physically or mentally ready! But its hard to look forward. I think i will go to my gp and see if he can get me some physio. Did yours help at all? Im so pleased i found this web site. Its the only guide i have had to see if things are normal or not. I know more than my gp so no point asking him!
fizzol12 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote