View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 08:57 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzol12 View Post
Hi, thanks for your reply. Sorry to hear your still in so much pain 4 months later! My surgeon wants to do the next side soon but im not ready at all. The pain in my back is so horrible, wasnt expecting it at all. Thought it would all be at the front! I have looked up carpal tunnel and i dont think that i have it. But thanks for your advice. So fed up and cant look forawrd with the next op hanging over me. Been on pain meds for so long now, and even more post op! Just hope that by the end of the year i will be off it all. Are there any pain meds that have helped you? Mine arnt great
Don't let the surgeon push/rush you to have the 2nd op until you have a significant reduction in pain. You can't afford to feel sore on both sides..... sleep would be horrendous. Wait until you feel strong enough.
I have actually weened off pain meds and only take them if symptoms are really kicking in and it inhabits my work routine. Most times i'm hitting the comfort of a soothing hot bath or putting on Tiger Balm. If needed I use a combination of x1 400mg Ibuprofen and x2 500mg Paracetamol taken together but make sure there is a 6 hour gap in between each doses, no more than 3 or 4 doses in 24 hrs. This combination was advised by the hospital after my op so it should suffice if the pain kicks in. DOUBLE CHECK with your HEALTH ADVISOR!!!!!!!!!
It all takes time, but it will improve. Just be kind to yourself..... listen to your body, if it hurts: REST!!!!!! NO lifting heavy shopping bags...... EVER
SD38 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote