Thread: Familial MG
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 01:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Wow, Mike! So, sounds like a GOOD doc -- just not completely "thorough" (per you not getting the aggressive treatment you wanted). I tend to like this type of doc -- the low-key, non "threatening" -- who spends a LOT of time. BUT, my fourth grade teacher told me that I ask more questions than Quaker has oats...............so, I usually get the info I need from the docs. It's a fine line -- I'm sure my docs either LOVE me or HATE me. Teaching docs are the ones who seem to get along with me the best -- they are USED to answering questions.

The doctor who gave the "funny" (hahahaha) notes wasn't my MG guy, thank goodness. I absolutely adore my MG guy. He's a professor of neurology and a HOOT!

BTW, I had some of those "aggressive" type docs at one of the top ten hospitals --- and I almost became a basket case. They tried to push and shove me into treatment options that I KNEW were NOT in my best interests. I'm probably natured somewhat like your sister -- needing to be comfortable around the physician who treats me. Do you remember the movie, "The Doctor", with William Hurt? Storyline is that a doctor-"god" needs surgery and seeks treatment from his doctor-"god" friends -- only to find that he doesn't like the way they TREAT him as a patient. So, he goes to the mild-mannered Adam Arkin (who makes much less money and has a much less desirable clientele). Anywho, Adam Arkin is kind and competent -- and does a WONDERFUL job on Hurt's surgery. And William Hurt learns his lesson -- patients are PEOPLE!! I think about this movie a lot when I go to the doctor -- it is VERY true!!

Didn't mean to write a book -- there is a weather front moving through -- and I'm FULL of migraine meds -- they make me "talkative" --
pingpongman (01-12-2012)