View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 09:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused Desperate for help. Chronic insomnia following a concussion. PLEASE HELP.

Hello,
I'm here because the love of my life has become just absolutely miserable within the last year and a half. It's only getting worse and I'm afraid it's going to just ruin his life.

About 2 years ago, he suffered from a concussion after being hit to the concrete by a complete stranger. Doctors just told him he had a concussion & sent him home with instructions to take Tylenol.

My boyfriend, a very fun, energetic, smart ( he's an engineer) person has become a prisoner to insomnia since this happened.

He is always tired but can't seem to fall asleep. If he does, he usually wakes up & on a good night averages a little more than 2-3 hours of sleep.

He has gone to doctors who gave him lunesta & melatonin among other sleep meds. Currently he is on 10mg tomezapan & it only worked sometimes. He has been in a sleep study but wasn't able to sleep, so no information was attained.

Today, he has gone 6 FULL nights, without any sleep. He is a mess & he is terrified that this won't ever get better

I know about PCS & PTSD but I don't know how to help him & he is just getting worse.

Please, can anyone help??
Does anyone have experience with this? Or know of the best meds?
Chill1988 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote