View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 10:11 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default The floor really does move!

I asked today about the pool floor, and looked around a bit more. The pool floor really does move. I didnt find out how deep they can make it (forgot to ask) but when they have patients that have to stay in a wheelchair, they can make the pool less shallow. (water came up to my chest, and I'm 5 foot 4, so they would have to be able to make it more shallow for people in chairs)

Hopefully I'm not jinxing myself saying this, but I feel better today. (sometimes if I say I feel better, the next day or so, I'll feel like total crap or worse again. Knock on wood that doesnt happen) I've actually been able to stagger around in my basement without the rollator OR the cane some, as long as I go from piece of furniture to the wall, to piece of furniture.

The hospital I'm doing the PT at is a Catholic hospital...maybe they had a priest bless the water in the pool or something? (kidding!! a little...)

I noticed stuff that makes the numbness worse. When I eat, the numbness will go from my stomach on down into my thighs. Gotta wonder if that's the heat of the food making me numb. (maybe I need to eat cold foods for awhile?) Plus, I seemed to get weaker in the legs when that happens. Really weird.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (01-13-2012), barb02 (01-13-2012), Dejibo (01-18-2012), SallyC (01-12-2012)