View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 09:33 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Question about the rawness behind Alan's ear???

Hi All:

Besides having PN, Alan has bits of psoriasis on his body. He has psoriatic arthritis (that's what the doctor said when he examined his toes).

He also has exema on his legs. When he is stressed (like in the hospital undergoing IVIG, well, you should have seen his legs). He has the clobetizole and sometimes it does help but most times it does not. I know there are psoriasis cremes out there but they are not covered by Blue Cross.

So here's my question. Behind his right ear, there are ALWAYS scales and raw, raw skin. Every day I gently take a warm washcloth and get them away and I put on a bit of vitamin E. Some days it goes away. He wears glasses by the way and I figured the plastic in the frame is irritating this part of his body. This DOES NOT HAPPEN ON THE OTHER EAR BY THE WAY. He has this between his eyebrows also and if I didn't get on his case to clear this up, he would leave the house with the stuff on. I gently put some vitamin e on this also.

But just now I noticed the ear and I said "my goodness, here we go again". It's like raw meat. If I didn't put the warm washcloth on it to gently remove the scales, he would not feel any discomfort, but when I do the warm washcloth thing he starts yelling. I say, "listen I have to do this, it looks terrible". then I gently put some vitamin E.

Do any of you know of a good gentle skin creme that I can put behind his ear that won't make it even more raw and will help with the scaling?

He won't see a dermatologist so that's why I ask. He says he has enough with the neuro, primary care, podiatrist, and chiro/neurologist and now the IVIG thing. I really can't blame him

Thanks, Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote