View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 03:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi, Cass. My name is Janet and I'm new to this board, but certainly not new to cerebral aneurysms. Mine ruptured over 14 years ago without any advance warning. I had emergency surgery to clip it and I survived and recovered.

I pray that you're able to see a neurosurgeon soon. The waiting must be absolutely horrendous. The headaches, the fear, the uncertainty...all have to be taking a toll on you. Don't lose faith!

Remember that you have something working to your advantage. The fact that your aneurysms were detected before rupture immediately shifted the odds in your favor. Planned surgery is far less risky than the same procedure performed under emergency conditions. If you can get avoid a bleed, you greatly reduce the risk of complications and disability - and shorten your recovery time.

If you haven't already done so, you might want to Google "The Brain Aneurysm Foundation." Their website offers some pretty straightforward answers to frequently asked questions. Information about the condition is much more widely available now than it was back when my "bubble" burst. Knowing you're not alone helps - and trust me, you're not alone. Cerebral aneurysms are more common that people think. I don't have the statistics at hand, but I believe the estimate was 6% of the U.S. population have undetected cerebral aneurysms. It may seem like a small percentage, but it works out to a LOT of people.

Don't hesitate to contact me if there's anything I can do to help you through this tough time. Be good to yourself. Get plenty of rest and eat healthy, nourishing foods. It's okay to take it easy. Most brain aneurysms can be sucessfully treated. Expect the best results and be patient with yourself while you recover. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Janet_B is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cass3765 (01-15-2012)