View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 10:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New neurologist - Repeat MRI and blood work. Should I?

So I've got a new neurologist, but he doesn't seem like much more help than the last one. I asked for a sleep study, told him I was having sleep disturbances - waking up with complete amnesia, but he insisted on doing a repeat MRI, EEG, and having blood work done first. I guess he didn't think waking up not knowing who you are is that important.

I've had one MRI done and a few CT scans done since my injury in June. The MRI was actually done last month. I brought the copy of the MRI to him and he made copies. My concern is, I don't have insurance. I was assaulted and my medical bills and crime related expenses are being paid for by a program called "Victims of Crime". They only pay for so much and then they cut you off. So I'm wondering if it's really necessary for me to get a repeat MRI done...as it's going to cost a couple thousand and that money can be used for other things...such as future visits to the neurologist, psychiatrist and whoever I might need to see in the future.

I've also had blood work done in the ER back in November or early December that came back normal.

I'll still have some benefit money left if I go through with it, I just want to know if it's really necessary...
SpaceCadet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote