View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 12:23 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

3lysium - Let me just say, I can relate to a lot of what your going through. My memory and my cognitive abilities are diminished. Sometimes I think they are getting worse or just not getting better at all. I had to cancel my enrollment to medical school because of this...and working is not an option.

My mom, fiance, and the 2 real friends I have help me as much as they can...and like you, I feel like a burden. It kills me when my mom asks for help with something and I can't help her because of my condition. I'm currently renting a room from her with my fiance and kids. I want so much more for myself, my fiance and more importantly...my kids...and I can't do anything about it right now. Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever be able to anything about it.

My limitations and the thought of not being able to provide a comfortable life for my fiance and my kids kills me. It's causing me horrible anxiety and depression. I don't want to be some loser dad that can't even buy his kid a Christmas gift or take him to Disney Land.

Your not alone, dude. I'm right there with you.
SpaceCadet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Concussed Scientist (02-03-2012)