View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 01:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi,

You're a good friend to him, and right now, that's the best thing he could have. Give him lots of "healing hugs" ! ! !

Brain injury/concussion don't have no set textbook pattern outcome.

No rules here... so often, a land of confusion for the patient and loved ones to endure, and healthcare professionals, and even insurance companies have trouble with the aftermath of brain injury victims.

He is in a dangerous situation. Sleep deprivation can cause health issues.

In the right setting, by a good docgtor, they can induce sleep. It can be obtained. So, I would discuss those options with his doctor.

At one time in my land of confusion, looking for answers, I was told I had to break the pain cycle. At that time, that seemed so impossible. I worked at it, and finally did "break the pain cycle" that my body, mind and spirit had become so familiar to. "Bad normal" cycle.

I'd suggest change of environment, maybe he go stay at a motel, by himself if he's able, a few days and nights, to see if no distraction and total relaxation, a different bed might do the trick.

This is probably over the layperson's ability to fix. Truly needs strong intervention.

He also could be in a "panic" mode, from the fear of being assulted, that has never been diagnosed/addressed.

"Panic" can cause lots of abnormal and unwanted reactions until treated properly.

Him being a man, I'm sure he has some emotional negative rebound from being assulted/blindsided and traumatically injured.

I hope he finds peace...

We're here for you both...

(Broken Wings) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (01-14-2012)