View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 03:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grete View Post
I have alway been fit and active, but for the last year I've had severe PN in both feet (from cancer). I have found that exercises relieve the PN pain both while I'm doing the exercises and for a few hours afterwards. I think two things happen:

1) Endorphines are released
2) Blood circulation increases and relieves som of the nerve pain (I would like to know why that is)

I have found swimming, kayaking, careful bicycling, chair excercises, sit-ups, push-ups etc. to be wonderful. The PN pain almost disappears as long as I keep exercising. I can't walk much and can't wear shoes so all my exercises are aimed at not putting weight or pressure on my feet. I believe a TENS machine (electric current from a so-called Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation) does the same thing. However, it seems as if the TENS machine is only useful as long as it's on and working. As soon as you stop using the machine - the pain comes back.

Regards,
Grete
I see that the swimming is going to be my best so far and I"m still going to try the tai chi plus keep doing different machines to find a good combo
pinehurstcharlie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote